More Than Meets the Eye: 6 Series Camera Shines in Product Review
In the world of video surveillance, the ideal security camera captures high quality images even in the most challenging environmental and lighting conditions. Combine those capabilities with user-friendly installation, easy network set-up and the flexibility of indoor and outdoor vandal resistant options, you’ve got the total package.
Enter the WV-SFV631L, one of Panasonic’s new, high performance network cameras from its flagship 6 Series line announced this past October. R. Grossman and Associates Inc., an independent consulting firm specializing in electronic security products and projects, reviewed the camera and awarded it a 5/5 rating in Security Sales & Integration bench test review. The full review can be viewed here but we’ve pulled a few highlights:
- Vandal and weather resistant: The IP66-rated aluminum case and polycarbonate dome make this camera particularly strong and resistant against vandalism and weather, enabling reliable operation in wide temperature fluctuations
- Easy installation: A raised trim ring is predrilled to mount six different bolt patterns, and equipped with “top” and “bottom” indicators and side openings for neat conduit passageways for simple, easy installation
- Performs in challenging lighting conditions: Optional exterior sun shade for the outdoor dome assembly helps reduce glare, water build up in the dome and heat exposure and minimizes common image capture problems due to sunlight
- Category leading image capture: Leading imaging capabilities ranging from high- and low-light exposure to HD resolution and still photo capturing
- Remote storage: two SD memory card slots that can record different occurrences separately and simultaneously, as well as record during a network failure, maintaining continuous functionality even while the server tries to restore lost video
- Motion detection and auto focus capabilities: A video lens that moves according to motion detection, but automatically refocuses when controlled manually, giving the sharpest picture at any adjustment.
If you’re looking to upgrade your security solutions, whether to monitor for trespassers or to observe shopping behaviors, consider the security camera that will keep you most protected from all angles.
What features of the new 6-Series dome camera would you or your business benefit from most?