Martin Lawrence Comedy Show Shot with Panasonic P2 HD VariCams®
Martin Lawrence is a comedian chameleon, the mastermind behind such memorable characters as Big Momma and Martin Payne. What most people may not know is this funny man is also a producer. He brings us his new lineup of up-and-coming stand-up comedians on the wildly popular “Martin Lawrence Presents 1st Amendment Stand-Up,” a series of live comedy concerts on the Starz network.
Over four days, Rush Hour Productions (Hollywood, CA) utilized 10 Panasonic AJ-HPX3700 P2 HD VariCams to shoot 10 stand-up comedy concerts featuring more than 30 of America’s edgiest comics for the new season of the Starz’ series.
The HPX3700 is the perfect camera for large-scale production challenges like those presented by the seven-story Chicago Theatre, the legendary venue for the concerts. The digital cinematography camera offers uncompromising image quality with P2’s exceptional reliability and faster workflow, which helped the production team dramatically slash editing time.
The AJ-HPX3700 P2 HD VariCam® offers:
- AVC-Intra 100, AVC-Intra 50 and DVCPRO HD codecs
- AVC-Intra 100 provides master-quality, 4:2:2, 10-bit, full-raster, native 1920 x 1080 recording
- Native 1920×1080 imager
- Dual link RGB 4:4:4 output with log response capability and simultaneous 4:2:2 HD record in camera
- Offers choice of progressive/interlace HD video formats including native 1080 23.98p/24.00p/25p/29.97p/30.00p, as well as 1080 50i and 1080 59.94i
- Variable frames (1 to 30fps) and 23.98/24psf output (via HD-SDI)